Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

Find your Local Farmer's Market/Co-Op

Many of us forgo buying fresh fruit and vegetables because it is too time consuming to go to your local Farmer's Market; and, we get into a habit during the winter months of buying whatever our local grocery store has to offer. But so many of my friends live all over the country [and world] and you all are in a position of buying some of your favorite fruits and veggies from the local outside market.  I found this awesome website that allows the viewer to search for their local markets all over the country.


For instance, the South Central Farmer's Co-op could be an awesome adventure for my friends in the L.A. area or for Chantellle, Nick's beautifully awesome sister, this gem could supply anybody in the Long Beach, California area with fresh fruits and veggies and sustained healthy eating! 

It is important to eat healthy, though I am not a huge advocate of absolute health. I like my chicken wings and french fries, but I also like LOTS of fruits and plenty of raw vegetables; I will admit that I am not a huge fan of cooked vegetables - the taste and consistency of most cooked vegetables repulses me. I blame that on myself - growing up I rejected health and went for taste and as most of us know most unhealthy things taste the best. I've regulated my body by eating unhealthy things in moderation and injecting healthy foods in my diet! It's a difficult process to go through and even more difficult to maintain, but very much worth the struggle!

If any of you readers have an awesome farmer's market or local market that you ABSOLUTELY love and want me to plug it, let me know! I'd love to hear about your adventures into healthy markets.

*Take me back to Because Life is Complicated Enough... Home page*

Photo adapted from LocalHarvest


Photo adapted from LocalHarvest
photo adapted from LocalHarvest

No comments:

Post a Comment